Sunday, September 1, 2013

I Conquer Destructive Habits.

My inner desire to always feel at peace wins in all circumstances.
 
My challenges serve as fuel to keep me moving forward.
 
I know that success is my destiny - today, tomorrow, and the next day.
 
When I am tempted to combat negative actions with negative reactions, I stop in my tracks.
 
I recognize that fueling the fire only encourages unpleasant feelings and contributes to broken relationships.
 
Because I enjoy positive relationships, I do what I can to nurture them.
 
I acknowledge that whatever angers me, conquers me, so instead I choose to conquer any desire I may have to react negatively.
 
I dispel the urge to shout, curse or say unkind words. I replace those behaviors with soft answers and patient understanding.
 
I realize that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. That law of physics dictates how I react and respond because I know I will receive what I give.
.
Today, I firmly put aside any destructive habits that may tempt me.
 
I bid them farewell because I know from experience that healthy, beneficial behaviors feel much better.
 
I like the results I get from being positive and strive to cultivate that experience in all situations.
 
 
Self-Reflection Questions:
1. How much influence do my loved ones have on my destructive habits?
2. In what ways can my example of constructive behavior help others around me?
3. How do I feel when I take the high road?
 
 
Best of health, wealth & happiness to you, Reggie Cochran

No comments:

Post a Comment